When she places her thighs with her legs doubled on them upon her sides, and thus engages in congress, it is called the position of Indrani and this is learnt only by practice. The position is also useful in the case of the 'highest congress'.Richard Burton’s translation of the Kama Sutra
In this position the vagina is fully open and allows maximum penetration. Though difficult, it can be learnt
through practice. During this position it is often difficult for the male to remain inside his partner and men with shorter penises should avoid it.
Making the position possible
Follow these steps to assume the position:
1. The woman should lie on her back.
2. She should stretch her legs backward towards her breasts.
3. She should press her knees tightly against her chest and breasts so that she is fully tucked and her tucked legs are also open. The result is raised bottom and lowered torso.
4. The man now enters her kneeling.
5. She can then rest her feet on his stomach. The man presses her forward. It gives her enough leverage to lift her bottom into the air. Pressing the man backward lets the woman allow shallow penetration. Thus she can control the penetration.
Here are some illustrative images: